As college students all across the world get ready for the fall semester to begin, we’ve compiled a list of the top gadgets that you’ll need to get the most out of those “golden years!” From audio to timepieces, technology is going to play a big part in your life for the next few years, and with this guide, you’ll be well equipped.
1. Audyssey Lower East Side Media Speakers – $249 These incredibly minimal speakers would be awesome for a dorm room!
2. Grado Labs SR80i Over-Ear Headphones – $99 Grado is a company with an excellent reputation, and for those who prefer over-the-ear cans, these are sure to be a hit with any grad.
3. House of Marley Zion In-Ear Headphones – $99 Not interested in being “that guy” with the huge headphones on all the time? Try these awesome looking, awesome sounding earbuds from House of Marley!
1. Samsonite Tectonic Large Backpack – $62 This incredible bag is one of the best I’ve ever owned, and I have no complaints with it whatsoever. Give it a try!
2. Crumpler C List Celebrity – $300 Crumpler makes some really nice products- their bags have been featured in reviews with TRG before, and we’d highly recommend them!
3. Crumpler Boston Heist – $200 Not a fan of backpacks? Crumpler makes an awesome travel/duffel bag, perfect for carry-on luggage.
1. RumbaTime Perry GO Watch – $50 This stylin’ watch has a hidden feature- you can pop your Visa VITA card into the wristband. Pay for that latte with just the wave of a wrist!
2. Portel RetroModern iPhone Wallet – $150 Portel’s hand-aged leather iPhone wallet is a must-have for any guy headed off to the “U.” I use mine every single day!
3. TOMS Cordones – $69 We won’t tell you what style to wear, but we personally love the Cordones. Besides, these shoes come with a cause!
1. Pentax Optio WG-2 GPS – $349 This “adventure-proof” camera is sure to survive all of the abuse you can possibly send its way. After all, college can be a very adventurous place!
2. Sony Bloggie HD Sport – $179 If you’re feeling like it’s gonna be more of a “video” party, be sure you grab this well-protected camcorder! From beach parties to snorkeling on spring break, you won’t forget a minute of it!
3. Canon T4i – $1199 While it’s pricey (and more fragile than our previous camera choices!), if you really want high quality photos and even some video (full autofocus support!), be sure to check out Canon’s newest prosumer DSLR!
So what about you? Are you taking some tech items that we didn’t include on this list? Let us know in the comments, hit me up on Twitter (@SamEllTRG), or shoot me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org)!